Saturday 12 June 2010

Final Project, Escape Pod... Location Shoot

Today we finished filming for the project.

We finished off with a fun day on location outside in the sunshine.

We filmed in a field on the outskirts of Lincoln, and it was perfect for the script.

The light was great and there wasn't too much wind, though the girls were a little cold from time to time.

I filmed with my Canon 70-200mm L Lens and it was a dream to use. I was so happy to have the room to be able to use it and out of the confinement of the studio.

It was a great experience working outside and I really enjoyed it. I will definitely write more scenes that are on location for my next film.

My lens had a great lens cap so that eliminated flares and, although we did take audio, we had always planned to rerecord the speech in a studio so the noisy road near by wasn't a problem.

We tried a hand held shot, as the area we were filming in was too bumpy and the tracks wouldn't stay level, and it didn't turn out to bad. It even made me wish I had filmed more hand held, but I had to remind myself that I just don't have the time or technical skill to composite on hand held just yet.

It was a great way to end the shoot and I'm really happy with the footage.

Next week I plan to cut the rough edit of the film and then begin post production.

The plan after that is compositing, edit, colour grade then audio production...

No comments:

Post a Comment