Tuesday 8 June 2010

Final project, Escape Pod... Day 3

Today's predicament was my forgetting to put the battery's on charge over night, so therefore day 3 will forever know as the battery day. Luckily I brought the battery grip for my 550D so I was able to use AA battery's, although the uni shop only had a pack of four.

So I had to use a couple of old ones which reduced the power of the new ones quite a lot, but with a carefully timed lunch one of the main battery's was charged and ready to finish the day.

Today about another third of the film was shot.

I experimented with different shot angles compared to yesterday, as yesterday was more of a two way conversation.

One shot I am particularly interested in is a shot through the 'windscreen' of the pod, that I intend to composite into a CGi space shot of the escape pod with a fleet of ships passing in the background.

Tomorrow I will hopefully be able to use the University's 100mm Macro lens, if I get there before the other guy who has been taking it out...

I will use this macro to have a very narrow depth of field as I'm not overly happy with the depth I'm getting with the 50mm f1.4 and 24mm f2.4 and I'd like to add move of an enclosed feel to the shots as I had originally intended.

This will be used, along with some track rails and jib, to take more experimental shots and cutaways. Then if there is time, or on Day 4, we will finish of the filming in the studio with a day to spare.

Here's some pictures so far of my Canon 550D with the 50mm f1.4 and the guys and the set...






















































No comments:

Post a Comment