Monday 7 June 2010

Final project, Escape Pod... Day 2

Today was day two in the studio.

I filmed today on my Canon 550D with a canon 50mm F1.4 prime lens.

This gave me great control with depth of field and was great fun.

The day didn't last long and was mainly free of drama, apart from me having to run out to buy some red liquid mascara as I forgot to get fake blood... Worked well in the end.

I missed a few shots that need doing first thing tomorrow, but that's ok as we got through a good third of the film so were way ahead of schedule.


A quick test of some of the footage in after effects and I need a lot of time to experiment with colour grading as I'm currently with out Magic Bullet as I just upgraded to CS5. However i am happy about this as I will learn more.

Also there is a slight noticeable movement in the camera, which must just have been my breathing, its unnoticeable until I have added some test elements such as lens flares. However with some simple motion tracking added to these elements I feel it will add a natural rhythm and feel to the shots, so even though they do appear mainly static there will be a sense that the ship is moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment