Wednesday 9 June 2010

Final Project, Escape Pod... Day 4

Today we filmed cut aways and shots that are needed for specific emphasis and story.

I filmed the day entirely with a canon 100mm f2.8 macro lens. This was one of the best and most fun lenses I have ever used. I love it!

I feel far better about the shots now, and I'm really happy about the depth of field I have been able to use. If I could I think I would re film everything I have done so far with this lens.

I intend to use it again tomorrow, as well as the 50mm f 1.4.

The shoot so far has not been without its losses... So far two of folders have been broken in the making of my film.

The first on the first day. I dropped it in a period of over excitement.

The second today, when the sound man Dex kicked it by accident.

So tomorrow one of the first things I will do is go and buy a new folder for the production file to live.

I've been really happy with my organisation so far, and its been great having someone log shots (which I've never had before), I'm sure it will help the edit loads.

I have also been ingesting the files into Avid each day, so it will save time in the long run, not spending an entire day doing it as it does take a while. I'm enjoying using Avid so far, which is the first time I have ever been able to say that.

On a project this size I prefer its layout and organisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment