Friday 20 November 2009

Story so far... Summer 2008


The summer between my second and third year saw a lot of developing and inspiration.

I spent much of the summer continuing to hone my skills on After Effects with the help of Video Copliot.

I also began a self taught journey with the open source 3D program Blender.

I used various online resources, but mainly through experimentation I gained a basic knowledge of the software program, which for something that is free its a great thing to have.

I also actively sought inspiration and came across a great Special Effects compositor called Pierre Michel.

I especially loved his work with particles, which lead to me taking a look at a program that I had heard being mentioned on Video Copilot as well. It was called Trapcode Particular.

This lead to myself finding a lot of inspiration from the Trapcode website itself.

It has a great Gallery of work done using its products.

At the end of the Summer I received my Second computer. This was a huge update on my old system.

It was set up ready for HD creation, with 8GB of RAM, plenty of storage space, and a 3.00Ghz Quad core processor.
I was very lucky to have this system. It opened up many possibilities over the next year because it aloud me to work twice as fast as before.

No comments:

Post a Comment