Thursday 19 November 2009

Story so far... DMU year 1


My time at De Montfort University saw a vast change in the quality of my work, this came as I grew in ability and increased my knowledge.

In my first year I was introduced to Adobe Photoshop. This was the beginning of my introduction to motion graphics and special effects compositing. I learned skills that would translate later to other Adobe software, such as layers, filters, different tool such as the pen tool. I began to gain a feel for image manipulation.

In addition to this I gained my first PC that was just for me.















It was set up with some very high end technology. This in turn lead to my interest in the inner workings of a computer.

Around Christmas of my first year I purchased the Adobe CS2 Creative Suit with my Flat mate Ben Hudson.

This lead to more understanding of Photoshop as it allowed me to spend time away from the class room learning.

For the rest of my first year, after Christmas, I learned how to use Adobe Premiere Pro. This was a revelation for me. To be able to edit in more than 2 tracks, add quality effects, and to use key frames generated a whole new world of professional, good looking edits.

For my coursework I created a music video for one of our songs One More Night.



No comments:

Post a Comment