Thursday 19 November 2009

Story so far... College and Editing

My time at college opened up new possibility's within film making. Most importantly video editing on a computer.

My first experience of this was in pre-editing my course work for Media Studies AS level. I did this on Windows XP Movie Maker.



These edits were crude but I did manage to add good pace and some basic motion graphics.

Editing really took off for me when I got a new Dell PC for editing and the software Pinnacle Studio 9.














This opened up the new world of multi track editing, as well as multi track audio and stereo capability's.

I used this software to edit the films I had made in the past as well as inspiring new ones. Most prominently I edited a film made by my friend Stephen Milnes for his Media Studies coursework.
This was a spoof sci-fi film. I created all of the laser effects and explosions in MS Paint.

I had to do this by creating the graphic for each frame individually and placing it on a green background and keying out the green as the was no alpha channel option.

Through this I knew the direction I wanted to go in was film making and Editing, aswell as an interest in special effects that was slowly growing...

No comments:

Post a Comment