Monday 23 November 2009

Lincoln... Media Production 1, A

So far I have finished one piece of course work.

This first piece of course work was just a small piece to get the students of the MA up to date and to make sure we can all use the Univeristy equipment, such as the camera that is reserved for the MA students only.

These are the Panasonic AG-HMC151.


[Picture taken during Stephen Milnes shooting of his film for the MA, entitled, Youth]

For my piece I wanted to test out the cameras but also to continue developing my skills on After Effects.

As well as this I wanted to try my skills at directing someone other than my brother or cousins, who featured in everything that required an actor.

Our brief was to create a portrait.

I decided to create a portrait of a dancer, so I contacted a few people and in the end I found a great Dancer named Lizzie O'Reilly.

For my piece I took inspiration from Pierre Michel's Fire Flower.
 [Fire Flower by Pierre Michel]

I loved the way he manipulates the particles in this piece and I wished to emulate this some how.

I decided to show how a dancer gains inspiration and then creates there own interpretation of that inspiration.
I showed this through mimicking the idea of creation and the big bang.

I created a short report on how I made some of the more complicated scenes, including the colour correction and the camera expressions that I used.

Inspiration and Creation:

No comments:

Post a Comment