Wednesday 17 March 2010

Lincoln... Media Production 2, Studio Shoot 003, Stylized Art 002

I have just completed my second piece of stylized artwork using Adobe Photoshop and an image I took of my model Sam Fryer.

I decided, as I do with much of my work, to draw inspiration from space.

I decided quickly upon a nebula theme and began looking through my pictures for a suitable one to use.

I decided to use the image of Sam on the floor as I could imagine her body emerging for a cloud, I also liked her posture, leaning over and looking over her shoulder. The whole image just learnt itself to what I imagined in my head.

I started off by preparing the image, doing the usual; spot heal, dodge and burn and some low and high pass filters.
Original:





















Spot Heal:





















Curves:





















Dodge and Burn:





















Air Brush:






















I then started to create the space background. 

i started off with a basic image of space. I then added a layer of coloured blobs, with blur applied.

Finally adjustment layers and a sand texture were used to correct the 'look'.

Space:





















Background:





















Adjustments:






















I then used the pen tool to cut out the image of Sam. I then used the blur brush and blurred the edges of the cut out and placed the new cut out on the back ground.

Cut out:





















Combination so far:






















Next I began the process of creating the gas clouds, using the liquefy tool to modify the image of Sam, and using the tool again, along with some textures to finish the 'look'.

Liquefy stage 1:





















Liquefy stage 2:





















Liquefy stage 3:





















Liquefy blur:





















Clone stamp, bra strap removal:






















Next I added coloured blobs, blurs and more liquefy to add the gas clouds of the nebula.

First Layer:





















Layer 2:





















Layer 3:





















Layer 4 Star texture:






















Finally I used the pen tools to create paths and filled them with strokes, outer glow and blur. I then used the lasso tool to cut out the unwanted areas and finalized it by using the eraser tool set to 20% opacity.

Stroke 1:






















I finished the image with another stroke positioned as a halo.

Finished image:

No comments:

Post a Comment