Sunday 25 July 2010

Final project, Escape Pod... Extra animation

I have just finished editing the Hologram footage ready for direct insertion to the pod footage. I have also prepared all of the effects layers that simply need copying over to this footage.

Once composited its holo screen time.

I tried several methods to do this but finally used Avid to edit as I know understand why its the 'best' to use.

I have also made a decision on the keying of the film. I have been very disappointed with the keying. I simply didn't know enough before starting the film and haven't filmed the blue screen very well. Also due to the use of a flashing blue light a lot of masks are needed.

To put it simply I would do a lot differently if I started now... But I guess that's the point of the project, to make mistakes, learn and move on...

So I am instead not going to key out the pod footage. Instead I will lower the levels of blue and darken the background areas. I will then use little distraction tricks like lens flares etc to make it look like there is a very dark wall there...


On another more fun note, I have employed my brother to do a short animation for the middle of the film. I decided to ask him as I wanted this animation, which will take place on the holo screens, to feel as if it is slightly alien to the pod or at least as if its not from the same direct technology. So I felt it best to get someone else to do it so it had a completely new feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment