Thursday 3 December 2009

Work... Romford filming, Intro and Camera

I was in Romford on Sunday and Monday filming the 'behind the scenes' of commercial shoot for The Money Shop, in the new Romford Branch.

I was working for a company called FWD who are the agency behind the commercial.

The production company involved was called V Point, from Nottingham.

This was my first hands on experience of  a commercial shoot and I was blown away. The amount of time spent on every little detail, with lighting, make up, hair, movement, script. It was great.

I spent the two days watching, taking notes and learning as much as I could.

Every one was great, and willing to answer all the questions I had.

I took a massive interest into the camera. It was a great piece of kit. I really began to understand the practical uses of having a monitor to view the shots with, especially with 4 or 5 people wanting to look at once.

I was also introduced to XDCAM HD, the hard disk recording method for broadcast quality Sony cameras. Its similar to a Blu-ray disc, but in a casing like a large UMD.

It was great as it was similar to the hard disk system on my Sony Handycam, but with higher capacity, faster write times, and the ability to store the disks on a shelve. Which for me is an advantage over SDHC or P2.







No comments:

Post a Comment